i have been slacking in this department of my life...i apologize!
but i promise that i'm more focused and im gonna deliver you all that good ish..
seriously, this website makes my life...
does something every happen to you where you just say to yourself.....fuck my life.
well this website will make you feel like, 1000 times better haha.
here's just one of the entries someone submitted...
Today, I was DJ'ing a wedding. The groom wanted a song played for his grandma and grandpa. I announce over the microphone for his grandparents to come to the dance floor for a special song. Turns out his grandparents have been dead for over a year and the song was supposed to be in dedication. FML
valentines day isn't about just having a husband, boyfriend or boo. it's about appreciating the people you love...your parents, friends, etc.
so enjoy today, in whatever status you are in =)
heres one of my favorite "love" songs...
"I never knew a luh, luh-luh, a love like this Gotta be somethin for me to write this Queen, I ain't seen you in a minute Wrote this letter, and finally decide to send it Signed sealed delivered for us to grow together Love has no limit, let's spend it slow forever I know your heart is weathered by what studs did to you] I ain't gon' assault em cause I probably did it too Because of you, feelings I handle with care Some niggaz recognize the light but they can't handle the glare You know I ain't the type to walk around with matchin shirts If relationship is effort I will match your work"
something about charles hamilton. i can't put my finger on it....
he has SO much potential. he takes so many creative chances with his music. i love his sampling...and he's so real with everything. i can definitely connect to him...i can definitely appreciate any artist who has fun with their music and takes chances.
this song is what made me fall in love with charles hamilton..THIS WHOLE BEAT IS WINDOW XP SOUNDS!!!
Since i know people don't know me read my blog...and all the facebook addicts have been posting those "25 things" ..things, i figured id post ten things about me that hopefully can connect any readers to my blog =)
1. I don't only listen to hip-hop/r&b/rap...even though I mainly post about it. I love everything from Daft Punk to Incubus to Mindless Self Indulgence to Say Anything to Tegan and Sara...
2. Besides being obsessed and completely saturating myself in music, I love makeup (I'm a makeup artist for MAC), any form of art (I find inspiration in anything and everything) , documentaries (I love learning about the world) , traveling (I'm going to europe this summer), and wikipeding EVERYTHING.
3. I am a vegetarian and are very much for animal rights (No I am not going to throw paint on your fur coat). Animals are not appreciated in our society, and it's really sad. Eventually I want to do volunteer work for any kind of sanctuary or shelter...maybe this summer.
4. I will try most of anything...I find it hard not to take chances and try new things. I definitely will be going sky diving this year.
5. I don't get to do it as much as i'd like to...but I love to cook, especially for other people. And I'd rather eat at home then go out any day.
6. I live in NY.. and I love everything about it. I love that i live 40 mins from the NYC and can come home to beautiful land, I love the opportunities, I love the people (minus the guidos NO LOVE FOR YOU)...even though its quite isolating from the rest of the U.S, I like it that way.
7. i am not really a sports person, but I LOVE going to baseball games and basketball games. I can't wait to see Citifield stadium!! ... I don't like football.
8. Being a marketing major in college, I learn a lot about social trends and how things have changed...and it's quite depressing. My children will NOT be babysitted by video games or the computer... and no way I am spoiling my children. Although my mom has a successful business and we have a great life, and I am reminded daily of how lucky I am..and if i want something I work for it.
9. My grandpa was a fairly famous boxer, a professional diver, a lifeguard, and was stationed in Germany in the army. He had AMAZING stories, I wish he was still around because I know I would appreciate his stories so much more.
10. It's really a commitment for me to watch a movie lol. I hardly ever watch a movie by myself. I saw Slumdog Millionare and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...which were AMMMAZING. And I saw He's Just Not That Into You last night...and it was AWFUL...absolutely painful.
i love working for MAC for so many reasons...but a big one is how artistic they are. its not all about beauty and skincare, its about art and inspiration. We have training about 4 times a year to learn about new products that come out, and we always see really cool artistic inspiration videos...and lately they have been putting them up on Youtube.
this video is reallly awesome, but very SHOCKING and SCANDALOUS. not how you would imagine Hello Kitty.
.......and those guys with the hello kitty heads on and the bondage straps?
they are going to be at some of the locations for the Hello Kitty events! so if you want to see some shirtless guys with some bondage on...go on over to your local MAC lol.
and its SIIIIIIIICCCKKKK! its so trippy in a good day...and the dream is looking good.every detail is amazing, the lighting, the styling ( i have one of those pair of pants one of the girls are wearing =P, andddd the sunglasses are sick)... i cannot WAIT for this album to drop!
today is a day for r&b...bobby v and ryan leslie's albums dropped today...i bought one of them...i'll talk about that later
I'm not going to cite any sources or anything..because EVERYBODY I know is on this story like hounds....
I don't even know how I feel about this whole thing, there are obviously a few parts that are unclear...only time will reveal?
This is just really unfortunate for chris brown. Trust me, I don't feel bad for him...but for someone soo young and so talented, its just sad. I was talking to my friend about this whole thing today and she said " well it doesn't change me liking him as a artist..." and she's right, chris brown makes great music and is a great performer...
but I could never listen to chris brown and not think about this whole thing. Just like Michael Jackson or R.Kelly....he still has great songs...but I never can listen to them without thinking about them loving little boys or peeing on teenage girls lol.
at the end of the day, hopefully justice will be served and everything will be straightened out.
I guess chris brown wont be doubling his pleasure or his fun...or at least he won't be getting paid for it =P
About the time Brown was scheduled to be singing "Forever" onstage at Los Angeles' Staples Center, he was instead detained by police, being questioned for allegedly roughing up Rihanna.
Brown, 19, turned himself in at the Wilshire station around 6:30 p.m. and was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats. The case will now be sent to the district attorney's office and further charges could be filed. He was released from jail after posting $50,000 bail.
Sources tell E! News that the alleged victim was Rihanna, 20, and that she suffered visible bruises on her face during an altercation that took place hours earlier. Both in turn balked on scheduled Grammy performances. A spokeswoman for Brown's label declined comment. Rihanna's publicist, Amanda Silverman, would only tell E! News that the 20-year-old "Disturbia" singer was involved in an unspecified traffic mishap. "Rihanna is well," the rep said. "Thank you for concern and support." Per department policy, police declined to identify the alleged victim in the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. in the Hancock Park area, apparently as the two were heading home from Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy bash, where they had been all smiles. In a statement, police say Brown and his companion "became involved in an argument. After stopping his car, Brown and the woman got out and the argument escalated. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker." By the time officers arrived on the scene, Brown had split.
DAMNN this story is all kinds of fucked up. well see where this one goes...
Chris Brown? he does not look like a wifebeater.
who sings with elmo AND beats the shit out of his girlfriend?! =(
can YOU imagine being in love with the eiffel tower?
can YOU make love to the golden gate bridge?
another topic that has nothing to do with my blog, but I HAVE to post this. This is one of the most interesting documentaries I have seen BY FAR.
I know it sounds crazy, what the hell am I talking about? There are actually people out in the world that are have relationships with OBJECTS. I know, BUGG OUTT!!! It's true. One of the women featured in this blog actually got MARRIED to the eiffel tower, and has a huge ass tatt of the eiffel tower on her chest.
One of the other women ( who looks like a fat dude ) is in love with this amusement ride in germany. One part in the documentary actually shows one of the women MAKING LOVE with the eiffel tower. If you watch the documentary, it is obvious and stated that these people have had a lot of trauma, especially in childhood.
I HIGHLY SUGGEST you watch this documentary, especially if you a documentary feen like i am, or if you just like weird shit. I watched this a few days ago and I cannot comprehend this in my head. I am very understanding and usually can put myself partly into someone's shoes...but this is on a level that i cannot get on.
this has not a lot to do with my blog, but MAC is coming out with a Hello Kitty collection next week, which is sooo hyped up right now, i'll post pictures from my store's Hello Kitty event next weekend....but for now heres a picture of the star studded MAC Hello Kitty event that took place last night in the NYC...
James Granger (Creative Director for MAC), Ciara, and John Dempsey (President of MAC)
I could go on and on talking about Lil Wayne but...
He definitely is one of the most unique people I have seen in my lifetime...and I understand he is an artist and he needs to express himself and after selling 3 million records I understand why he is trying new things and new sounds and such...but if "Prom Queen" is REALLY one of the tracks on his new album The Rebirth...I'm scared/curious to see what the whole album is going to be like =/.
Nylon Magazine is a very good magazine, i used to get it all the time when I used to go to school in NYC...very interesting celebrities, great interviews, and they always just have cool shit....
Pharrell is one of my, if not FAVORITE celebrities. he has ASTRONOMICAL impact on the music industry, has been in the industry for a long time now, has one of the greatest minds EVER...but he is still soo down to earth and normal.
i was never that much into Pharrell as a person until saw N.E.R.D in person. he is a great performer gives it 200%, soo interactive with the crowd, and ever since i went to that concert i have been HOOKED on Pharrell Williams.
i'm ADDICTED to you. im in freakin love with you. i think about you all the time, and i get anxious when i don't hear from you. i like when you're around ALL the time, when i'm showering, in the car, even when i'm with my friends. even though sometimes you make me sadder than i already am, you can make me happy as hell. i love starting my day with you, and i love ending it with you. i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you........................