1.27.2009

when you're overexposed they don't really see you...

Let me start this off by saying I really am a fan of him. His analogies are out of this world, like a martian. (haha.) His most recent album I played non-stop for four days, and I still do play. Some of his songs turn into inside jokes with my friends, and I can listen to Something You Forgot if I am sad, and I can listen to Phone Home if I want to laugh. He truly is a talented artist.

Yes...I am taking about Weezy F Baby (I don't forget the F around him.)

On the flipside (this is where I get negative)...he is SOOO overexposed. I understand his whole demeanor with working non-stop..in the studio, on the stage, in the studio..but it's too much. Lil Wayne is consistent with good quality music (except that new rock song Prom Queen =X) but he's WAY too available. I was switching stations on the radio today...and for real, he was on EVERY remix and EVERY song. 

I am going to anticipate an artist's next song/remix even more if they come less often. You always want what you can't have/get...and boy I do get a lot of Lil Wayne. If he pulled back a little bit and chilled out for a few months there would be a lot more hype to him. I've said this before and I'll say it again...Lil Wayne is a song whore.  I think if you stay out in the spotlight too long your light will burn out.

Am I the only one sick of this dude?


****EDIT****

Soon after writing this post, I found THIS on the smoking gun, which makes me lolz. It is his requirements for when he goes to perform on tour...amusing to say the least.
....don't give him black hand towels or he'll bug out.

No comments: