6.15.2010

you can thank me......now.


Today is the day I have been waiting for ever since I feel in love with Drake's "So Far Gone." If you live under a rock, Drake's debut album "Thank Me Later (TML)" drops today. Unfortunately (or fortunately for the fiends) the entire album leaked about 2 weeks ago so anybody who wanted to hear it...already has. I don't know...I feel like the album will still go platnium for sure, I'm not so sure if it's gonna be in a week, but well see.
After really listening to this alnum for two weeks...I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it. I think reason being is that I'm not sure about who Drake is musically. His consistency is a little off. Also, for Drake fans like myself, I put TML to a very high standard. With soooo much hype and hip-hop heavyweights on the album such as producers Kanye West, Timbaland, and Swizz Beatz, and collabs with Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, and Lil Wayne...how could you not have high standards?
One thing I love about Drake is how real he keeps it. "The Resistance" totally tears any guard down that Drake once (or never) had, and shares some of himself with his fans. Lines like "plus this women that I mess with unprotected txt me saying she wish she woulda kept it/ the one I’m laying next to just looked over and read it" leave him exposed...how could that not be true. Song reminds me of "Say What's Real"..from "So Far Gone"
On the flipside, "Miss Me" featuring Lil Wayne....came off a lil weak to me. They have had MUCH better songs together (Ignant Shit, Ransom). That weren't even on albums. Pretty dissapointing.
Also, he is still a freshman. He gave NO love to any of the new kids but Nicki Minaj. Get off your high horse and get Kid Cudi, anybody from Young Money, or somebody on the album. IDK.

Overall...I'd give the album a 7 out of 10. Anything Drake does I love, and the album keeps growing on me. I'm judging this album looking at it as a DEBUT album that had more than enough support...it could have been better. Either way, I do like it.

So if you were scheming like me and downloaded the album...you owe Drake. GO get the album. And if you didn't....go get the album ;).

No comments: